Added by Chad on Aug 18 9:10PM
When looking for view condos in downtown San Diego, there really are just a few premier buildings and floor-plans. First one must ask themself if they want to be close to the Gaslamp Quarter and ballpark area or whether they want to be on the west side of downtown. The federal, state and county courthouses and and commercial buildings that house many attorneys, accountants and San Diego’s own Chamber of Commerce are what really separates the two locations.
If one likes being on the west side, then they would be looking at view condos in downtown San Diego that are closer to Little Italy in a neighborhood known as the Columbia District. These condos would include:
If one wanted to be on the other side of downtown, they would be looking at The Marina District or East Village which both run parallel to the historic Gaslamp Quarter entertainment zone. Luxury view condos in these neighborhoods would include:
MARINA DISTRICT VIEW CONDOS
- Pinnacle Marina Tower – Simply the most luxurious building in the Marina District!
- Park Place – Elegant and great location for water views.
- Renaissance – Large bedrooms and great location overall.
- Harbor Club – Prime front row location with epic views of the San Diego Bay and Coronado.
- Meridian – Large floor-plans with some view properties. Built in 1983, but recently renovated and has top notch amenities.
- Horizons -good views to South and East. Moderate Amenities.
EAST VILLAGE CONDOS WITH VIEWS
- The Mark – Modern, elegant and fantastic views to the south over Petco Park and the San Diego Bay.
- Alta – Smallish floorplans, but a very cool, modern and sleek highrise with good views to the south, west and northwest over the Gaslamp Quarter.
- Legend – Very cool views into the ballpark
- The Metropolitan – Very posh luxury condos located on the top 10 floors of the Omni Hotel
Again, distinguishing between the 2 main areas I mentioned above, the best one bedroom view condos in Downtown San Diego are:
The Mark 06 plan – This one bedroom is great because it features 1054 sq/ft of living space and includes a half bath so guests need not enter the master bedroom. Also, the master bedroom features dual vanity for his and hers sinks, plus a large walk in closet.
Add all of this to amazing views to the south, floor to ceiling glass and 2 balconies and you’ve got yourself a winner! It’s good, really good. Better yet, once you get to the 20th floors to the 27th floor, the ceiling heights are 10′ which adds so much volume to the room it’s hard to give it the merit it deserves with words. Still yet, the appliances are upgraded to GE Monogram and the cabinets are Studio Becker from Germany.
Above you can see photos of The Mark 2306, which is the best one bedroom view condo to go for sale in 2013. This property also features 2 parking spaces and a storage room. This is a one bedroom view condo that can truly be lived in!!
The Mark has the best one bedroom floorplan in Downtown!
If you would rather be in the Columbia District and closer to Little Italy, then the best one bedroom view condo is at The Grande. It’s the 04 in The Grande North and the 05 in The Grande South. They are both really good, but I prefer the Grande South because there are good corridor views towards Coronado and back towards The Gaslamp Quarter.
This particular one bedroom view condo includes 899 sq/ft and has one and a half baths. The Master has adequate closet space and the master bath has dual vanity and a tub shower combo. The kitchen has a nice island that is great for entertainment and the dining area can also dully serve as a den if one doesn’t care for a formal dining space.
The Grande boasts amazing city and some water views!
This property features a fireplace and corners so there are lots of great angles for views and light to enter the space. As you can see in the photos above, The Grande includes luxury appointments and the amenities are outstanding.
For more information about view condos in Downtown San Diego, give us a call: 619-309-8011